We are a privately operated, 45 place long day care centre located at 29 Bridge Street West Benalla Victoria 3672 catering for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years old.
Play based learning
Play is very important, a most effective tool and is central to a child's learning and development. Play is non threatening, spontaneous and meaningful. Through play children explore and learn to understand the world around them as they come to communicate, discover, imagine and create. This is why play is one of the foundations of the Early Years Learning Framework. Our vision is for all children to experience play-based learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
Benalla Kids Cottage aims to
- provide a place where childhood is a time to be, to seek and make meaning of the world.
- provide a program based on the Early Years Learning Framework where all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success in life.
- provide a safe, secure, happy and loving home like environment where children have a sense of belonging.
- provide a high quality care & learning environment.
- work as partners with parents and families of the children.
- provide an environment that is vibrant and flexible spaces that are responsive to interests and abilities of each child.
- provide Educators that are experienced in nurturing, caring and valuing children.
- respond to children's expertise, cultural traditions and ways of knowing, the multiple languages spoken by some children,particularly Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander children, and strategies used by children with additional needs to negotiate their everyday lives.
Use our "Contact Us" page to make further enquiries.
We look forward to meeting you and showing you how Benalla Kids Cottage can start your child on their learning journey. Please give us a call to arrange a time to visit the Centre on (03) 5762 7677 …we look forward to seeing you!