- Benalla Kids Cottage Centre is a privately owned, long day care centre.
- The centre is designed with three separate groups and associated play areas, Nursery, Tweens & Pre-School. The play areas are set away from the street and are separated according to age.
- The Centre is open 52 weeks a year, closing only on public holidays and weekends and operating from 7.00am to 6.00pm.
- The centre is licensed for 45 children aged between six weeks and six years with one group catering for 0-2 years another for 2-3 years and the other catering for children aged 3 years to school age.
- Our on-site parking facilities allows you to drop off and pick up your child with ease and in safety
- Enrolment is in accordance with Government priorities and places are filled from the centre’s waiting list file.
- We recognise the importance of strong, long-term relationships between our Educators, parents and children
- Our team of trained and experienced Educators are dedicated to providing a nurturing learning environment for your child
- Our Educators really enjoy what they do and strive to meet the National Quality Framework Quality Areas Standards and Elements
- We offer our team ongoing professional and personal development plans
Our PhilosophyWe see children as unique and capable individuals with their own interests, talents,skills and ideas.
We strive to develop positive, mutually respectful relationships with each family member as we work in partnership to achieve the best possible outcomes for all.
Through the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) the program will see Educators using intentional teaching, recognising that learning occurs in social contexts and that interactions and conversations are vitally important to learning.
Educators value and build on children's skills, strengths and knowledge to ensure their motivation and engagement in learning.
We strive to be seen as a Service of Excellence within our community that values community involvement in all aspects of our program.
Learning environments are welcoming spaces that reflect and enrich the lives and identities of children and families participating at the Centre and respond to their interests and needs.