|By using the Early Years Leaning Framework, Educators will guide children's play by carefully designing learning activities and stimulating Indoor and Outdoor learning environments. We also acknowledge that each child is unique and therefore will progress at their own pace. The EYLF is a key component of the National Quality Framework which has been developed to assist Educators to provide young children throughout Australia in their early years, opportunities to maximise their potential and develop a foundation for success in the future.
The Framework's vision is for all children to experience play-based learning that is engaging and builds success for life
- Belonging is the basis for living a fulfilling life. Where children feel they belong, because of the relationships they have with their family, community, culture and place.
- Being is about living here and now. Childhood is a special time in life, and children need time to just 'be' - time to play, try new things and have fun.
- Becoming is about the learning and development that young children experience. Children start to form their sense of identity from an early age, which shapes the type of adult they will become.
The Framework focuses on your child's learning. Educators will work with you in order to get to know your child well. At Benalla Kids Cottage we will create a learning program that builds on your child's interests and abilities and keep you in touch with their progress.
Through the Framework's five learning goals Educators will assist your child develop:
- A strong sense of their identity (have confidence in themselves and to form relationships)
- Connections with their world (learn to respect the environment and cultural diversity)
- A strong sense of well-being (socially, emotionally & physically)
- Effective communication skills (by using literacy and numeracy to communicate)
A copy of the program is displayed in each room. This allows parents to see what their children have been learning throughout the day and also provides parents an opportunity to comment on our program.